June 28, 2014

Fine print

In January I started taking a medication that resulted in some adverse side effects.

Six months later, I told the doctor who prescribed it that I needed her help to get off of it, knowing that additional side effects could result from stopping the medication without further instruction. Unfortunately, the doctor's recommendations resulted in nausea, dizziness, eye issues, headaches and blood pressure so low I started to black out. Not awesome.

After suggesting it might be an inner ear infection, the doctor recommended an alternative way to get off the medication. This week I started getting the side effects again. Cannot wait for this to be over. Also cannot wait to find a new doctor...who takes me seriously.

Ask your doctor questions. Ask your pharmacist more questions. Do your research. Make sure you know what will happen if you stop taking a medication and hopefully you will avoid feeling miserable.

Looking forward for this to be over and getting back to "normal."

No comments:

Post a Comment